Youtube Video Vault

Loading...

Monday, August 25, 2008

A noun, a verb, and POW


John McMansions did "Leno' tonight ... always good to be in the presence of a Tinseltown Republican... and he waxed light and airy about his age...
"My social security number is eight."
... he shared a guffaw with Jay about ... his age...
And to McCain, Leno apologized for not having a birthday cake because, "the fire marshall said that many candles..."
And yucked it up about the contretemps over his and his second wife's many homes ... countdown to the POW reference in three... two... one...

After their opening segment together on the stage, Leno came back from a commercial break to ask McCain, “For $1 million, how many houses do you have?”

McCain answered by first citing his time as a POW in Vietnam.

“Could I just mention to you, Jay, that, at a moment of seriousness,” McCain began, “I spent five-and-a-half years in a prison cell. I didn't have a house. I didn't have a kitchen table. I didn't have a table. I didn't have a chair. And I didn't spend those five-and-a-half years because, not because I wanted to get a house when I got out.

“We spend our time in a condominium in Washington, in a condominium in Phoenix, sometime over here in the state of California, and we have a place up in northern Arizona,” McCain continued, explaining how his campaign got to the number four in the count. (McCain is being conservative: ABC News’s count is ten homes on eight properties.)

Take THAT, Maureen Dowd!

No comments: